Jenny Matthews is a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist with 18 years of experience in clinical, managerial and supervisory roles within the education, disability and private sectors. Jenny identified the need for quality, local, voice services in the Redlands and South East Brisbane area so opened Bayside Voice Centre in 2019.
Voice assessment, diagnosis, therapy treatment, preventative training and voice coaching is available for all ages in collaboration with you our client, your family, medical, education, community and work teams.
Voice goals may include;
- Increasing voice quality, richness and clarity.
- Increase volume and projection in a safe way without strain.
- Match your voice, language and non-verbal skills with your gender identity.
- Address a vocal pathology such as; nodules, vocal fold paralysis, muscle tension dysphonia, chronic cough, presbyphonia or vocal fold dysfunction/ exercise induced laryngeal obstruction.
Jenny has always been passionate about voice and has undertaken voice-specific training over the past 10 years including; Voicecraft, Accent Method Breathing, Resonant Voice Therapy, Estill Voice training, Adventures in Voice for Kids and ongoing attendance at multidisciplinary conferences.
Jenny had an acting background in theatre before switching from performing to supporting others as a Speech Pathologist. She enjoys working with upcoming and established performers to achieve their voice goals and maintain the health of their ‘instrument’. With her experience in the school setting, Jenny is the ideal consultant for community & school musicals, high-quality implementation of The Arts curriculum for Senior Year students and supporting teachers avoid vocal injury through preventative training.
Jenny is a registered provider for Medicare, WorkCover and DVA.
Voice Training Workshops
Jenny can be contacted to deliver voice training sessions for beginner to advanced levels ranging from a 1 hour practical introduction to full day workshops bespoke to your needs.
- Speech Pathologist in public and private settings for 19 years
- Additional training to diagnose and treat voice disorders (Estill, Voicecraft, Accent Method)
- Extensive experience in the school setting supporting students and teachers
- Therapy for diagnosed pathologies such as vocal nodules, presbyphonia, chronic cough, globus, vocal cord dysfunction and muscle tension dysphonia
- Acting experience and passion for The Arts
- Preventative voice training for teams of professional voice users such as gym instructors, teachers, call centre operators
- Voice coaching to optimise the voice and enhance the connection with your audience
- Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist with Speech Pathology Australia
- Australian Voice Association
- Laryngology Society of Australasia
- Voice training for teachers to avoid vocal injury
- Collaboration with drama & singing teachers to apply safe foundational voice techniques aligned with The Arts curriculum
- Consultation with theatre companies and school musicals to achieve peak performance
Ph 07 3193 5400