Dr Karmakar is Respiratory and General Physician with interest in treating Sleep Apnoeas. He is delighted to join Redlands Specialist Centre and is keen to provide quality service to patients suffering from Respiratory problems.
He immigrated to New Zealand in 1996, where he was a resident for 13 years. He gained his Fellowship in Internal Medicine (FRACP) in 2008 and Fellowship in Respiratory and Sleep Medicine in 2009 with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
He came to Australia in 2010 and he has been in Private Practice in Toowoomba as a Specialist Respiratory Physician. He is skilled to manage wide variety of Respiratory Diseases.
- COPD and Emphysema
- Interstitial Lung Diseases Extrinsic Allergic Alveolitis including Farmer’s lung and Bird Fancier’s Lung
- Pleural Effusion especially malignant effusion requiring permanent indwelling catheter
- Investigation and management of dyspnoea
- Sleep Apnoea
- Member of the Thoracic society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the European Respiratory society
- Member of American Thoracic society
- Member of the Internal Medicine Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the Royal Australian College of Physician.