Dr Seneviratna completed his internship in Sri Lanka and migrated to New Zealand where he underwent his specialist training in Auckland group hospitals.
After completing his specialist training and obtaining his FRACP he worked in several hospitals in New Zealand as a Respiratory and General Medical physician prior to taking over a post in Mackay Base Hospital as a Respiratory/ General medical Physician.
He served a period of three years in this role and progressed in his carrier as the Clinical Director for the Department of Medicine in Mackay Base Hospital.
His skills progressed during this period and he has served regional Australia with his expertise.
- Full Member of the Thoracic society of Australia and New Zealand
- Gold Member of the European Respiratory society
- Member of American Thoracic society
- Member of the Internal Medicine Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Life Member of the Medical Association of Sri Lanka.