Dr Paul Kalokerinos
Dr Paul Kalokerinos
Dr Paul Kalokerinos is a Brisbane-based Medical Oncologist with extensive experience throughout the major cancer centres of South East Queensland. He now delivers high-level, evidence-based cancer treatment to residents in both the metropolitan and wider Brisbane areas. He is currently providing both consultation and treatment services at Redlands Specialist Centre, Mater Hospital South Brisbane, Mater Private Hospital Redland and Sunnybank Private Hospital.
Dr Kalokerinos’ training involved treating large numbers of patients in cancer units throughout Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast regions. He has extensive experience in caring for patients with a wide range of cancer subtypes, both common and rare and has been exposed to the most advanced cancer treatments through his work with patients enrolled in clinical trials. Prior to completing his training in Queensland, he worked in the United Kingdom at well recognised centres including The Royal Free and Kings College hospitals.
Medical Oncology is a complex, evolving discipline where each case is unique. New research and treatment options are continually emerging and Dr Kalokerinos is committed to staying at the forefront of international developments. He firmly believes that the open communication and active involvement of patients in their management plans is essential to providing optimal care. He also recognises the necessity of integrating other health care professionals, specialists, and general practitioners into the long-term oncological plans of newly diagnosed cancer patients. The application of these important principles to each individual case enables Dr Kalokerinos to adhere to his philosophy of treating the patient and not just the disease.
• Genitourinary cancer (Prostate, Kidney)
• Lung cancer
• Breast cancer
• Colorectal cancer
• Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
• Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPRA)
• American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
• European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
• Medical Oncology Group of Australia (MOGA)
• Australasian Gastrointestinal Trials Group (AGITG)
• Australia and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate Trials Group (ANZUP)
• Australasian Lung Cancer Trials Group (ALTG)
• Australia and New Zealand Melanoma Trials group (ANZMTG)
• Private Cancer Physicians of Australia (PCPA)