Dr. Miriam Vassallo
Dr. Vassallo is a respiratory and sleep physician based in Brisbane, providing consultations in Cleveland. She is committed to providing quality and timely care to patients suffering from lung and sleep health problems.
After graduating as a Doctor of Medicine (MD) in 1997, and obtaining the Membership of the Royal college of Physicians (MRCP UK) in 2002, Dr. Vassallo moved to Australia from Europe in 2003. She undertook physician training at Mater Hospital South Brisbane and further specialist training at Prince Charles Hospital and Greenslopes Private Hospital.
She has spent time in renowned treatment centres, such as the Mayo Clinic USA, and treatment centres in Malaysia. As such she has had exposure to a wide range of respiratory and sleep disorders. Dr. Vassallo travels extensively to scientific meetings around the world to keep abreast of new developments.
- Chronic cough
- Lung cancer
- Mesothelioma and asbestos related lung disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and smoking cessation
- Sleep apnoea
- Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ)
- Australasian Sleep Assoaciation (ASA)
- European Respiratory Society (ERS)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP)
- American Thoracic Society (ATS)
Dr. Vassallo has admitting rights at the Mater Private Hospital Redland and Greenslopes Private Hospital.
Bulk billed telehealth skype consultations are also provided for selected locations.